*** This is a temporary position ***
About the Organization:
Covenant Care is a non-profit partner in Alberta’s integrated health system serving seniors of all faiths and backgrounds. We are committed to innovative approaches to support seniors in a caring community where they can thrive.
Covenant Care’s communities are Holy Cross Manor, St. Marguerite Manor, and St. Teresa Place in Calgary, Villa Marie in Red Deer, Saint Thomas Health centre in Edmonton, Foyer Lacombe in St. Albert, and Chateau Vitaline in Beaumont.
Covenant Care welcomes all those who serve those most in need.
We are called to continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and caring for the whole person- body, mind and soul. The position of Resident Assistant will commit to incorporate our mission, vision, and our values, which are Compassion, Collaboration, Respect, Social Justice, Integrity and Stewardship, and uphold our ethical traditions as foundational aspects in all actions and decision-making.
The Assisted Living Worker provides support to residents, their family and visitors during the resident’s end of life journey that will enable choice, dignity, privacy, respect and individuality. An individual in this position assists residents as necessary in areas of personal care and social support.
The position requires the ability to communicate in all forms (reading, writing, clear verbal articulation and active listening) to implement recommendations and develop plans and procedures in accordance with Covenant Care’s protocol and also with applicable legislation. Information learned and shared is extremely sensitive, and it is expected that the Resident Assistant maintains absolute confidentiality.
- This position is responsible for providing resident care in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, culture, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment.
- Ensuring service is provided in a manner reflective of Covenant Care’s standards.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the LPN Team.
- Consistently promoting teamwork and cooperation within the team.
- Minimum Grade 12 required
- Completed recognized Health Care Aide Certificate
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience Palliative Care/ Continuing Care facility preferred
- Strong communication skills; with the ability to speak, read, write English fluently
- Exhibits open and sincere approach to relating to people by demonstrating respect and compassion for everyone equally with the ability to preserve resident’s dignity and self worth during interactions
- Recognizes and responds effectively to verbal and non-verbal cues with exceptional active listening skills
- Ability to cope with moral distress regarding end of life care
- Ability to cope with frequent changes such as daily routine, workload, shifts and Resident needs with exceptional multi-tasking and time management skills
- Computer skills an asset
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.