About the Organization:
Covenant Care welcomes all who share a call to serve those most in need.
We are called to continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and caring for the whole person- body, mind and soul. The position of Maintenance Coordinator will commit to incorporate our mission, vision, and our values, which are Compassion, Collaboration, Respect, Social Justice, Integrity and Stewardship, and uphold our ethical traditions as foundational aspects in all actions and decision-making.
The Building Maintenance Coordinator, plays a key leadership role. Reporting to the Resident Experience Director 2, this position is committed to providing a safe working culture. This Maintenance Coordinator will be customer focused in the support of facility maintenance, equipment and property care, custodial services, trade work liaison and equipment preventative maintenance repair.
Please note: 0.5 of this role will be performing hands-on maintenance at a site in St. Albert. the other 0.5 of this role will be coordinating maintenance staff at other sites.
- Provides general maintenance, operates and maintains building systems to provide a comfortable environment this includes maintenance and repair of the heating, cooling, plumbing, drywall, custodial services, painting, moving of furniture.
- Provides supervision and guidance to site based Maintenance Workers
- Works with site maintenance worker to implement preventative repair and maintenance records and logs, monitors facility preventative maintenance programs
- Ensures that all requests for maintenance are prioritized and responded to in a timely manner.
- Plans and supervises site improvement or minor capital upgrading projects for all regional sites.
- Manages the renovation/structural repair work and coordination of purchased maintenance services when required.
- Assists in the application of building and personnel safety programs including fire evacuation plans and Safety training
- Minimal travel is required between St. Albert, Edmonton, and Red Deer, AB.
- Must maintain an Alberta Boiler Safety Association 5th Class Power Engineering Certification or related certification.
- One (1) - two (2) years experience in building maintenance required.
- Experience in a health care or supportive living environment is considered an asset.
- Three (3) - five (5) years experience in the general trades, mechanical, plumbing and electrical an asset
- Knowledge of regulations and municipal ordinances applicable within a health care setting
- Abiity to spend considerable time doing physical work & must possess the ability to respond to various physical demands.
- Must be an organized, flexible and self-motivated indiviudal with the ability to work indepdentantly.
The position requires knowledge of all safety programs to prevent accidents and eliminate hazards on site. Promotion and adherence to safety procedures and ability to implement safety operations is required.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.