About the Organization:
Covenant Care is a non-profit partner in Alberta’s integrated health system serving seniors of all faiths and backgrounds. We are committed to innovative approaches to support seniors in a caring community where they can thrive.
Covenant Care’s communities are Holy Cross Manor, St. Marguerite Manor, and St. Teresa Place in Calgary, Villa Marie in Red Deer, Saint Thomas Health centre in Edmonton, Foyer Lacombe in St. Albert, and Chateau Vitaline in Beaumont.
Covenant Care welcomes all those who serve those most in need.
We are called to continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and caring for the whole person- body, mind and soul. The position of Resident Assistant will commit to incorporate our mission, vision, and our values, which are Compassion, Collaboration, Respect, Social Justice, Integrity and Stewardship, and uphold our ethical traditions as foundational aspects in all actions and decision-making.
As a member of the care team, the Resident Assistant (RA) provides support to residents, their family and visitors in a home-like environment that enables independence, choice, dignity, privacy and individuality. An individual in this position assists residents as necessary in areas of personal care, social support, and assisting residents to participate in recreation and leisure activities.
The position requires the ability to communicate in all forms (reading, writing, clear verbal articulation and active listening) to implement recommendations and develop plans and procedures in accordance with Covenant Care’s protocol and also with applicable legislation. Information learned and shared is extremely sensitive, and it is expected that the Resident Assistant maintains absolute confidentiality.
- This position is responsible for providing resident care in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, culture, spirituality and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment.
- Ensuring service is provided in a manner reflective of Covenant Care’s standards.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the LPN Team.
- Consistently promoting teamwork and cooperation within the team.
- Minimum Grade 12 required
- Completed recognized Health Care Aide Certificate (or equivalent recognized training/experience)
- Dementia education an asset
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in an Assisted Living/Continuing Care facility preferred
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
- Computer skills an asset
About the Organization:
Covenant Living welcomes all who share a call to serve those most in need.
We are called to continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and caring for the whole person- body, mind and soul. The position of Site Manager will commit to incorporate our mission, vision, and our values, which are Compassion, Collaboration, Respect, Social Justice, Integrity and Stewardship, and uphold our ethical traditions as foundational aspects in all actions and decision-making.
Evanston Summit is a 121 Retirement Living program located in the Evanston community in Calgary. Reporting to the VP, Resident Experience, the Site Manager will provide leadership in a confident and enthusiastic manner. creating a culture within the facility in which the residents will feel respected, valued and cared about. The Site Manager will be responsible for creating truly resident-centered environment that results in Evanston Summit becoming the ‘go-to’ place for retirement living.
- Minimum five years of leadership/management experience in an independent/retirement living setting.
- Proven business acumen demonstrated by a strong. social/community service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to make quality business decisions and generate results.
- Proven leadership experience in a multi-faceted and complex organization.
- A passion for serving people well and commitment to customer service
- Skilled at engaging employees and motivating them to be focused on customer experience.
- Experience with all facets of Human Resources, including recruitment, engagement, and training.
- A warm, engaging and friendly personality is an asset.