As a member of the care team, the Care Partner provides support to residents, their family and visitors during the resident’s end of life journey that will enable choice, dignity, privacy, respect and individuality. An individual in this position assists residents as necessary in areas of personal care and social support.
In accordance with Covenant Care’s mission, vision, and values, this position is responsible for ensuring that residents receive quality care and service according to Covenant Care policies and procedures. Provides support to residents, their family and visitors that will enable choice, dignity, privacy, respect and individuality.
- Minimum Grade 12 required
- Completed recognized Health Care Aide Certificate
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience in a Hospice / Palliative Care/ Continuing Care facility preferred
- Strong communication skills; with the ability to speak, read, write English fluently
- Exhibits open and sincere approach to relating to people by demonstrating respect and compassion for everyone equally with the ability to preserve resident’s dignity and self worth during interactions
- Recognizes and responds effectively to verbal and non-verbal cues with exceptional active listening skills
- Ability to cope with moral distress regarding end of life care
- Ability to cope with frequent changes such as daily routine, workload, shifts and Resident needs with exceptional multi-tasking and time management skills
- Computer skills an asset
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.